Your chance to volunteer for Diamond Jubilee
It maybe a little early in the year but the Royal British Legion is appealing for volunteers for to come forward and help them celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Legion has opportunities for people to get involved on the Diamond Jubilee Flotilla day.
On June 3, the RBL will be hosting an invitation only street party on the East side of London Bridge. Guests will be bringing their own picnic and will be arriving between 12 and 1pm and leave around 6pm.
With the Royal Barge due to pass under the bridge, the RBL is hoping to show itself at its best and is hoping for about 50 volunteers
The Legion also needs about 40 talented volunteers to entertain partygoers as clowns, jugglers, musicians, balloon animal makers, and musicians.
You may also want to watch:
If you can help, contact the Legion at email@example.com with Bridge Volunteers in the subject.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines