Your chance to volunteer for Diamond Jubilee
It maybe a little early in the year but the Royal British Legion is appealing for volunteers for to come forward and help them celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Legion has opportunities for people to get involved on the Diamond Jubilee Flotilla day.
On June 3, the RBL will be hosting an invitation only street party on the East side of London Bridge. Guests will be bringing their own picnic and will be arriving between 12 and 1pm and leave around 6pm.
With the Royal Barge due to pass under the bridge, the RBL is hoping to show itself at its best and is hoping for about 50 volunteers
The Legion also needs about 40 talented volunteers to entertain partygoers as clowns, jugglers, musicians, balloon animal makers, and musicians.
You may also want to watch:
If you can help, contact the Legion at firstname.lastname@example.org with Bridge Volunteers in the subject.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election