Youngsters to benefit from cash
Hospice receives �2,400 from Freemasons
CHILDREN receiving care at Richard House Hospice will benefit from �2,400 donated by Freemasons.
The Freemasons Grand Lodge collected the cash throughout the year with its annual Freemasons Grand Charity. Cash comes from each member and is donated at the end of each term to a selected number of charities.
Viv Talbot, the hospice’s community fundraising manger visited the Freemasons Hall, in London, to collect the funds in person.
She was given a tour of the building before being presented with the cheque by Metropolitan Grand Master, Russell Race.
Mrs Talbot, who based at the hospice in Richard House Drive, Beckton, said: “We are delighted with the donation we received, which will go towards paying for a child to stay at the hospice for a long weekend.
“This will allow the child to have fun away from home in an environment where their parents know they are safe and well cared for.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 3 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 4 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 5 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 6 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 7 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 8 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 9 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
“At the same time, this will also allow the mums and dads to take a well-earned rest.”
Earlier in 2010, Mr Race encouraged all local Masonic Lodges to sponsor him or, alternatively, take part in another Richard House event – the 10 Bridge Walk. He completed the walk as part of the Metropolitan Masonic Charity scheme.
The Richard House 10 Bridge Walk is set to happen again this year on May 15. For more information on the hospice or the 10 Bridge Walk fundraiser, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk.