Youngsters to benefit from cash
Hospice receives �2,400 from Freemasons
CHILDREN receiving care at Richard House Hospice will benefit from �2,400 donated by Freemasons.
The Freemasons Grand Lodge collected the cash throughout the year with its annual Freemasons Grand Charity. Cash comes from each member and is donated at the end of each term to a selected number of charities.
Viv Talbot, the hospice’s community fundraising manger visited the Freemasons Hall, in London, to collect the funds in person.
She was given a tour of the building before being presented with the cheque by Metropolitan Grand Master, Russell Race.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Talbot, who based at the hospice in Richard House Drive, Beckton, said: “We are delighted with the donation we received, which will go towards paying for a child to stay at the hospice for a long weekend.
“This will allow the child to have fun away from home in an environment where their parents know they are safe and well cared for.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“At the same time, this will also allow the mums and dads to take a well-earned rest.”
Earlier in 2010, Mr Race encouraged all local Masonic Lodges to sponsor him or, alternatively, take part in another Richard House event – the 10 Bridge Walk. He completed the walk as part of the Metropolitan Masonic Charity scheme.
The Richard House 10 Bridge Walk is set to happen again this year on May 15. For more information on the hospice or the 10 Bridge Walk fundraiser, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk.