Youngsters to benefit from cash
Hospice receives �2,400 from Freemasons
CHILDREN receiving care at Richard House Hospice will benefit from �2,400 donated by Freemasons.
The Freemasons Grand Lodge collected the cash throughout the year with its annual Freemasons Grand Charity. Cash comes from each member and is donated at the end of each term to a selected number of charities.
Viv Talbot, the hospice’s community fundraising manger visited the Freemasons Hall, in London, to collect the funds in person.
She was given a tour of the building before being presented with the cheque by Metropolitan Grand Master, Russell Race.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Talbot, who based at the hospice in Richard House Drive, Beckton, said: “We are delighted with the donation we received, which will go towards paying for a child to stay at the hospice for a long weekend.
“This will allow the child to have fun away from home in an environment where their parents know they are safe and well cared for.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
“At the same time, this will also allow the mums and dads to take a well-earned rest.”
Earlier in 2010, Mr Race encouraged all local Masonic Lodges to sponsor him or, alternatively, take part in another Richard House event – the 10 Bridge Walk. He completed the walk as part of the Metropolitan Masonic Charity scheme.
The Richard House 10 Bridge Walk is set to happen again this year on May 15. For more information on the hospice or the 10 Bridge Walk fundraiser, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk.