Young Sherlock Holmes author Andrew Lane inspires Canning Town students
- Credit: Archant
He may be used to creating confusion for his characters but it was no mystery why the author of Young Sherlock Holmes was at Rokeby School.
Author Andrew Lane paid a visit to the Barking Road school to speak to each year group in turn about what inspired him to start writing.
He gave them advice on their own creative writing by revealing his technique in developing stories.
Staff, students and governers at the Barking Road school were all presented with a copy of his latest book, Death Cloud, on World Book Day and pupils could have their books signed and purchase others in the series.
Assistant head Frances Vulpiani said: “It is really beneficial for the students to be able to hear first hand from one of their favourite authors how he creates a story line.
You may also want to watch:
“Andrew’s advice on creative writing will also help improve their literacy skills.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 3 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 9 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 10 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London