Young Sherlock Holmes author Andrew Lane inspires Canning Town students
- Credit: Archant
He may be used to creating confusion for his characters but it was no mystery why the author of Young Sherlock Holmes was at Rokeby School.
Author Andrew Lane paid a visit to the Barking Road school to speak to each year group in turn about what inspired him to start writing.
He gave them advice on their own creative writing by revealing his technique in developing stories.
Staff, students and governers at the Barking Road school were all presented with a copy of his latest book, Death Cloud, on World Book Day and pupils could have their books signed and purchase others in the series.
Assistant head Frances Vulpiani said: “It is really beneficial for the students to be able to hear first hand from one of their favourite authors how he creates a story line.
You may also want to watch:
“Andrew’s advice on creative writing will also help improve their literacy skills.”
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more