Young Newham musicians perform with London Symphony Orchestra
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from Newham Music Trust took to the stage at Trafalgar Square to play with the world-renowned London Symphony Orchestra last month.
The five youngsters also had the opportunity to play with violin virtuoso Nicola Benedetti at the annual open air event.
The young musicians have been studying music with the trust for many years and are taking part in the LSO On Track project - an initiative for young instrumentalists across East London.
Jayro Viapree, 18,said: “I’m so pleased that I got selected to take part in LSO On Track.
“It was such an amazing experience playing to 10,000 people in Trafalgar Square with London Symphony Orchestra. The sound of the applause when we finished was the best.”
You may also want to watch:
LSO On Track is an ongoing partnership between London Symphony Orchestra’s learning & participation department, LSO Discovery, and 10 East London music hubs including the Newham Music Trust.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham