Young mum on the hunt for long lost dad from Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A young mum who is on a desperate hunt to find her biological father is appealing for help.
Lauren Lewin, 21, from Wanstead, said she has been looking for her dad for the past eight years.
But the mum-of-one has had no luck due to a lack of information available to her.
She said: “It has been really difficult so far. All I know is his first name and that he lived in Manor Park.
“He was about 24 or 25 when he met my mum in 1994, at this time, he was living in Dersingham Avenue but I believe he was originally from Scotland but moved down to east London.”
Lauren explained that her father is called Mark and was born in or around 1968.
She added that her brother once had a video which featured her father in the background but it has now been misplaced.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
“It has been a hard few years. I have a brother and sister and both of them have their dads, and I just want to know who mine is,” she said.
“I have a step-father, who helped bring me up and has always been there for me, but I have always wanted to find out about my real dad. I just don’t have a lot of information which makes it all very difficult but I am determined to find him.”
Lauren explained that her mum Michelle did not have much information but her brother Alan had bumped into her father while holidaying in Norfolk a few years ago.
Lauren said: “When my brother told Mark about me apparently he was very shocked and had no idea that he had a daughter.
“He gave my brother his details but as I was quite young still, he gave the information to my mum, but she has since misplaced it before I managed to get the information.”
She added: “If anyone has any information on my dad, I would be very grateful if you could get in touch. He is constantly on my mind and I want to meet him.”
If you have any information call Lauren on 07736366075.