Young man stabbed to death at Westfield Stratford City: Picture
This is the scene at Westfield Stratford City after a man was stabbed to death in a fight this afternoon.
A fight between a group of men at the Westfield ended in a young man losing his life.
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that they were called to a fight between a large group of males at 4.24pm to The Street section of the complex.
"Three males in their late teens or early 20s were injured. A man suffering stab wounds, believed to be in his 20s, has now been pronounced dead at the scene. We await formal identification. A post-mortem will be held in due course. We understand two other males received minor injuries. We await further details."
London Ambulance Service and police are still at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The area around where the fight occurred has been sealed off.
A spokeswoman for Westfield confirmed that an incident had taken place this afternoon. "Westfield are working closely with the police and emergency services," she said.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
The areas of the complex leading up to The Street are now being closed off and some shops are closing.
The rest of the complex is still open at the moment.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called just before 4.25pm to reports of a stabbing at Westfield in Stratford and sent two ambulance crews, a responder in a car, an officer and London's Air Ambulance to the scene.
"Sadly, despite extensive efforts to resuscitate him, the patient was pronounced dead at the scene.
We were also called to Stratford underground station and sent two further ambulance crews and another responder in a car. Two male patients were treated at the scene, one of them for stab wounds and a second for minor injuries, and both have been taken to hospital."
One man has been arrested, though this is not thought to be connected with the stabbing.