Young fashionistas sought for career seminar
- Credit: PA WIRE
Budding fashion designers and entrepreneurs in Newham have the chance to mingle with renowned industry experts at a free career seminar next month.
Could you be the next Alexander McQueen or Vivienne Westwood? The Your Future in Fashion seminar, run by the London College of Fashion in conjunction with Newham College, aims to give you the chance.
The event on March 5 will include workshops on how to run a fashion business, plus sessions on styling, media and PR, buying and merchandise, and manufacturing and craft. It is open to people aged between 14 and 21 from the borough.
Speakers include Toby Meadows, a fashion consultant who has worked with Topshop, Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood, plus John William, a fashion journalist and stylist who has worked with photographer Rankin and footwear designer Havva Mustafa.
Organisers hope it will give a boost to young people interested in fashion ahead of the London College of Fashion’s permanent move to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as part of Olympicopolis.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants must register their interest by 5pm on Wednesday, February 17 in order to secure their place at the seminar on Saturday, March 5 at Workplace at Westfield.
Places are limited. To register, please contact email@example.com at Newham Council to receive a form.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work