Young climbers enjoy sunshine in Beckton
Families took advantage of the sunshine by trying out new and unusual sports with each other in Beckton.
Outdoors in the City, an activity centre run by Newham charity Community Links, threw open its gates for their Learn the Ropes open day and the weather behaved, shining down on the fun.
Activity sessions lasting 90 minutes ran throughout the day giving punters the chance to scale the heights of the climbing tower, hit their targets in archery class, feel the rush of the Powerfan and take the ultimate leap of faith on the trapeze.
Young Lara Bobkov, Dimitri Bobkov, Gavin Sutton and Richard Geughegan enjoyed the Family Climbing event in particular.
Kevin Jenkins, co-founder of Community Links and director of Outdoors in the City, said: “The spirit of Learn the Ropes is to try a new sport and have some fun doing it. Everyone is welcome: families, groups of friends or individuals thinking of taking up a new hobby, and we hope this will be the first of many public events of this kind.”
You may also want to watch:
Situated in the Canning Town Recreation Ground, on Freemasons Road, Outdoors in the City is a social enterprise that reinvests any profit into the charitable projects of Community Links.
Visit www.outdoorsinthecity.co.uk to find out what other activities are on offer.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total