Young Ambassadors embark on challenge to help Newham charities
These are the Young Ambassadors from Newham chosen to take part in a charity programme to get young people involved in their community and they are looking for local partners to help.
The Challenge Network, launched at the View Tube on the Greenway in Stratford, aims to bring together young people from different backgrounds to serve local organisations to benefit their areas while learning new skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication.
David Adebiyi, Juhi Navin, Keysha Small, Shannon Ann-Davey and Rachel Gregoire, all 16-years-old, will participate in a three week-long challenge with 60 other young people in teams of 12.
Week One is a Personal Challenge where the teenagers will be put through intense outdoor activities so overcome their fears and build confidence.
Week Two will see the teams of 12 compete in a Team Challenge to learn a new skill, such as enterprise, photography, sport, drama or media, then use that skill as a medium to build relationships with local community partners by staging an event for their members and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
Week Three is the Real Challenge Design where the teams work on two projects; the first is a sponsored activity to raise funds for a local charity and the second is the creation of a campaign to raise awareness about a local issue. They will visit their charity partner and then pitch their project plans to a panel of ‘dragons’ get funding for their projects.
If you are interested in being a partner or would like more information about how to get involved, contact Tallulah Perez-Sphar, programme associate at email@example.com.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses