You lovely people!
GENEROUS Newham Recorder readers have made the future a lot brighter for this “little angel”.
Solvita Kadzyte’s parents made a heart-rending appeal so they could raise �22,000 to fly their daughter to China for breakthrough stem cell treatment so she can walk and play like any other child.
Thanks to your donations, the family’s fund has increased – from �4,605 to �8,450 in just over a week.
Father Marius told the Recorder: “We are very, very grateful. It has helped so much. This money is only for Solvita, not for us or for anything else. All of the money is for her.”
But four-year-old Solvita still needs your help to raise the money for her treatment in Beijing in March. The family need to raise �20,000 for her to continue her vital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Solvita was diagnosed by Great Ormond Street Hospital with Cerebellum Hypoplasia, a rare mobility brain condition which means she cannot walk more than a few steps unaided.
Marius added: “Even if it is 50p or 20p it’s going to make a difference.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
“England is not a country of 2 or 3 million people, it has 60 million so maybe one person will say to another one and another one to the next one and it will go on and on.”
To make a donation, visit www.solvitasfuture.com