Yoga for people with learning difficulties in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teacher Anne Byworth wants to keep helping those with learning difficulties in a new way.
The 45-year-old has started up her own Yoga, Pilates and Wellness studio The Space East in Forest Gate for people who find it intimidating going into health and fitness centres.
Anne, from Forest Gate, said it’s not something she has always dreamed of doing, but that it came along “later on in life.
She said: “I did not discover yoga until I had my first child and thought it was amazing and loved it from then on.
“It was after I had a bad back, when I started because I thought I’d have a bad back forever, but yoga changed that.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne used to work with people with a learning disability, PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities) and people on the autistic spectrum for more than 20 years.
“Last year I took redundancy, and started to set up my own sessions - I trained in yoga and did more specific training, for learning disabilities, Power yoga, ADD, ADHD and autism as well as Teen yoga and Yoga4Autism.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
Sessions for teens, pilates and yoga for over 50s, yoga4autism, sensory massage and relaxation, music and movement for learning disabilities, pre and postnatal, back kind yoga and pilates, parent and baby yoga, and hot, and power yoga.
Visit thespaceeast.com for more information.