Video: One Pound Fish singer auditions for X Factor
A fish seller at an east London market who became an internet hit with his One Pound Fish song has auditioned for The X Factor – and is tipped to become its most annoying contestant yet.
Muhammad Shahid Nazir auditioned for the ITV1 talent show with his self-penned repetitive ditty One Pound Fish and now the song is expected to get in the heads of millions of viewers when the episode airs next month.
The song’s lyrics are: “Come on ladies. Come on ladies. One pound fish. One pound fish.
“Have-a have-a look. One pound fish. Have-a have-a look. One pound fish.”
Muhammad made all four judges - Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger - laugh with his song and it looks like he could make it through to the bootcamp stage.
You may also want to watch:
Muhammad - who hails from Pakistan but now works at Queen’s Market, Upton Park, said: “Singing was my childhood hobby but I’d love to sing full-time. I made up the song because shopping in the market is a headache for people and this cheers them up. They even ask for pictures and autographs.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber