Video: One Pound Fish singer auditions for X Factor
A fish seller at an east London market who became an internet hit with his One Pound Fish song has auditioned for The X Factor – and is tipped to become its most annoying contestant yet.
Muhammad Shahid Nazir auditioned for the ITV1 talent show with his self-penned repetitive ditty One Pound Fish and now the song is expected to get in the heads of millions of viewers when the episode airs next month.
The song’s lyrics are: “Come on ladies. Come on ladies. One pound fish. One pound fish.
“Have-a have-a look. One pound fish. Have-a have-a look. One pound fish.”
Muhammad made all four judges - Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger - laugh with his song and it looks like he could make it through to the bootcamp stage.
You may also want to watch:
Muhammad - who hails from Pakistan but now works at Queen’s Market, Upton Park, said: “Singing was my childhood hobby but I’d love to sing full-time. I made up the song because shopping in the market is a headache for people and this cheers them up. They even ask for pictures and autographs.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque