Video: One Pound Fish singer auditions for X Factor
A fish seller at an east London market who became an internet hit with his One Pound Fish song has auditioned for The X Factor – and is tipped to become its most annoying contestant yet.
Muhammad Shahid Nazir auditioned for the ITV1 talent show with his self-penned repetitive ditty One Pound Fish and now the song is expected to get in the heads of millions of viewers when the episode airs next month.
The song’s lyrics are: “Come on ladies. Come on ladies. One pound fish. One pound fish.
“Have-a have-a look. One pound fish. Have-a have-a look. One pound fish.”
Muhammad made all four judges - Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger - laugh with his song and it looks like he could make it through to the bootcamp stage.
You may also want to watch:
Muhammad - who hails from Pakistan but now works at Queen’s Market, Upton Park, said: “Singing was my childhood hobby but I’d love to sing full-time. I made up the song because shopping in the market is a headache for people and this cheers them up. They even ask for pictures and autographs.”
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 9 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total