Would-be residents can bid for homes in Stratford’s East Village
- Credit: Archant
Would-be residents can now bid to rent hundreds of social rented homes allocated to the new neighbourhood on the Olympic Park.
Triathlon Homes is offering a range of affordable rental and home ownership options at East Village, including social rented homes for Newham residents.
East Village is located in the Olympic Park and right on the doorstep of Stratford station. It benefits from great transport, parks and facilities.
Applications are now open from people who want to rent a home at East Village which has been given the new post code E20.
The homes will be ready to move into from summer 2013, but are being allocated now so residents can plan their move into London’s newest neighbourhood, and have time to make arrangements such as school places at the soon to be opened Chobham Academy.
You may also want to watch:
A range of one, two, three and four bedroom homes are available.
Geoff Pearce, Executive Director, Triathlon Homes, said: “These homes offer a once in a lifetime opportunity for local people to be a part of the Olympic legacy. Alongside the fantastic facilities, first class connections, and endless open space, residents will benefit from modern spacious apartments that have been designed for the future, and are finished to the highest quality.”
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
Would be residents need to be on Newham’s housing list and bid for the homes on Newham’s page of the Home Choice (ELLC) website www.ellcchoicehomes.org.uk. Using their bidding number, they’ll be able to place a ‘bid’ for a home. Shortlisted bidders will be invited to meet with Triathlon Homes to progress their bid, and will then find out if they have been allocated a home.
More homes will be advertised each week, and prospective bidders are urged to continue bidding for suitable homes when they are advertised.