World Book Day: Week of book fun at St Angela’s Ursuline
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Angela’s Ursuline spent a week celebrating their love of reading.
They took part in book-related activities including storytelling, creative writing and a Where’s Wally treasure hunt as part of their book week celebrations.
On World Book Day itself, staff and students at the St George’s Road school dressed up as their favourite characters.
Sixth form students paid a pound to dress up as Where’s Wally, with their donations going to the charity Book Aid.
Librarian Jennifer Bacon said: “We’ve been doing book week for five or six years now.
You may also want to watch:
“It gets pupils talking about their favourite books and gets them interested in reading.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim