World Book Day: Week of book fun at St Angela’s Ursuline
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Angela’s Ursuline spent a week celebrating their love of reading.
They took part in book-related activities including storytelling, creative writing and a Where’s Wally treasure hunt as part of their book week celebrations.
On World Book Day itself, staff and students at the St George’s Road school dressed up as their favourite characters.
Sixth form students paid a pound to dress up as Where’s Wally, with their donations going to the charity Book Aid.
Librarian Jennifer Bacon said: “We’ve been doing book week for five or six years now.
You may also want to watch:
“It gets pupils talking about their favourite books and gets them interested in reading.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham