World Book Day: Canning Town school celebrates with fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Superheroes and princesses joined together for a fashion show at Keir Hardie Primary School.
They were among the many costumes on display as pupils at the Edwin Street school celebrated World Book Day.
Children imitated wizards and animals as they dressed up as their favourite storybook characters and strutted their stuff in the school hall.
It was organised by the children of the school council, who introduced the show and acted as compares.
Pupils each paid £1 to dress up, which the school is using to buy books for the new school library when it moves to its new premises in May.
You may also want to watch:
The whole day was spent celebrating World Book day, with classes taking part in reading, storytelling and creative writing.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley