World Book Day: Canning Town school celebrates with fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Superheroes and princesses joined together for a fashion show at Keir Hardie Primary School.
They were among the many costumes on display as pupils at the Edwin Street school celebrated World Book Day.
Children imitated wizards and animals as they dressed up as their favourite storybook characters and strutted their stuff in the school hall.
It was organised by the children of the school council, who introduced the show and acted as compares.
Pupils each paid £1 to dress up, which the school is using to buy books for the new school library when it moves to its new premises in May.
You may also want to watch:
The whole day was spent celebrating World Book day, with classes taking part in reading, storytelling and creative writing.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School