World Book Day: Canning Town pupils given books by Newham author
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School are celebrating World Book Day with every student receiving a copy of the same book.
The school’s fourth Big Read will see staff and governors join in with reading Young Sherlock, Death Cloud, and joining in with discussions on it.
Author Andrew Lane, who is from the borough, will be visiting the Barking Road school later in the month to sign copies and talk to pupils about his books.
As well as receiving new books, students also took part in a competition to guess which characters staff were dressed as.
The winners received book tokens as prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy Head Jo Doyle (pictured as Harry Potter) said “This was a great opportunity for staff to bring literacy to life in our school community”.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 3 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 9 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike