World Book Day: Canning Town pupils given books by Newham author
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School are celebrating World Book Day with every student receiving a copy of the same book.
The school’s fourth Big Read will see staff and governors join in with reading Young Sherlock, Death Cloud, and joining in with discussions on it.
Author Andrew Lane, who is from the borough, will be visiting the Barking Road school later in the month to sign copies and talk to pupils about his books.
As well as receiving new books, students also took part in a competition to guess which characters staff were dressed as.
The winners received book tokens as prizes.
Deputy Head Jo Doyle (pictured as Harry Potter) said “This was a great opportunity for staff to bring literacy to life in our school community”.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home