Workplace and Newham College partners in solving youth unemployment
Newham College has teamed up with Newham Council’s Workplace scheme to get young people on apprenticeships into employment.
Workplace, which has three offices in the borough, will match apprenticeship vacancies to trainees on the College’s business administration access course.
Newham College’s head of Apprenticeships and Collaborate Provision, Roderick Sutherland, said: “Working with Newham Workplace is key to delivering apprenticeships throughout the East End of London.
“More importantly, it can help young people secure sustainable, long term jobs.”
Newham College, which has campuses in East Ham and Stratford training over 1,200 apprentices, are also launching a security work academy on March 5 in partnership with Security Response Training.
You may also want to watch:
The six week-full time course for a Level Two in stewarding spectator events and door supervision sets students up for interviews with Olympics security firms.
Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales, said: “Our priority is to ensure our residents have the relevant skills and traning to benefit from the many employment opportunities in the borough and apprenticeships are just one of the many ways we are doing this.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
For more information, contact Newham College on 020 8522 5710 for business administration or, for Reponse Security Training, contact 020 7203 8417.