Workplace and Newham College partners in solving youth unemployment
Newham College has teamed up with Newham Council’s Workplace scheme to get young people on apprenticeships into employment.
Workplace, which has three offices in the borough, will match apprenticeship vacancies to trainees on the College’s business administration access course.
Newham College’s head of Apprenticeships and Collaborate Provision, Roderick Sutherland, said: “Working with Newham Workplace is key to delivering apprenticeships throughout the East End of London.
“More importantly, it can help young people secure sustainable, long term jobs.”
Newham College, which has campuses in East Ham and Stratford training over 1,200 apprentices, are also launching a security work academy on March 5 in partnership with Security Response Training.
The six week-full time course for a Level Two in stewarding spectator events and door supervision sets students up for interviews with Olympics security firms.
Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales, said: “Our priority is to ensure our residents have the relevant skills and traning to benefit from the many employment opportunities in the borough and apprenticeships are just one of the many ways we are doing this.”
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
For more information, contact Newham College on 020 8522 5710 for business administration or, for Reponse Security Training, contact 020 7203 8417.