Work starts on new Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park homes
- Credit: Alicia Ford
Construction has started on 333 new homes at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Two tower blocks known as Glasshouse Gardens will offer a mixture of studio apartments and 1, 2 and 3 bedroom flats.
They are part of the first phase of The International Quarter development, a joint venture between Lend Lease and LCR which will provide a £1.3bn commercial and residential development.
Ian Crockford, project director on The International Quarter at Lend Lease, said: “The start of construction on the Glasshouse Gardens homes marks an exciting step in the creation of this new residential and commercial district which is set to be London’s new feel-good workplace.
“Glasshouse Gardens will offer residents a unique opportunity to live amongst, and make use of, some of the world’s most elite sporting facilities where the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games were held.”
You may also want to watch:
Every home will have a private outdoor space, open-plan living and kitchen spaces, with the first properties due to be completed by 2016.
They are being constructed using sustainable building practices, with green roofs to absorb rainwater and provide insulation.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?