Woman suffers burns following East Ham house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital suffering with burns following a house fire in East Ham.
Altogether, ten firefighters from East Ham and Dagenham were called to tackle the blaze at the mid-terraced house in Lathom Road at about 7.50pm on Friday.
Two adults and two children managed to escape the fire before emergency services arrived.
One woman was taken to an east London hospital suffering with minor burns to her hand.
Half of the first floor was damaged in the fire, which was brought under control by about 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause is under investigation.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory