Woman rescued from Forest Gate house fire
Firemen rescued an elderly woman from a blazing house in Forest Gate yesterday morning.
Fifteen firefighters from Stratford and East Ham tackled smoke and flames at the two-storey home in Shrewsbury Road at 8.13am.
The woman was taken from the ground floor by crews wearing breathing apparatus.
Two other people fled the building before the Brigade arrived.
All three were treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service. Three crews had the incident under control by 9.02am.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford