Woman rescued from flat after Plaistow fire
- Credit: sub
A woman was rescued by fire crews after a blaze broke out in flats above a shop in Plaistow.
She was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics from London Ambulance Service.
The fire caused partial damage to the first floor of the flats in Barking Road.
Two fire engines from Poplar and East Ham fire stations were sent to the scene last Wednesday, along with 14 firefighters and officers.
The brigade was called at 3.26pm and the fire was out by 4.18pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed