Woman injured in Manor Park house fire
A woman suffered minor burns when she escaped from her blazing home in Manor Park today.
She also suffered breathing difficulties and was treated at the scene.
The fire at a house in Leader Avenue gutted the staircase to the second floor which was left heavily damaged by smoke and flames.
Around 20 firefighters tackled the blaze from just after 7am which they had under control by 8.15am.
Crews from East Ham, Stratford and Ilford attended.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final