Woman injured in Manor Park house fire
A woman suffered minor burns when she escaped from her blazing home in Manor Park today.
She also suffered breathing difficulties and was treated at the scene.
The fire at a house in Leader Avenue gutted the staircase to the second floor which was left heavily damaged by smoke and flames.
Around 20 firefighters tackled the blaze from just after 7am which they had under control by 8.15am.
Crews from East Ham, Stratford and Ilford attended.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate