Woman in serious condition after fall at block of flats in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is in a critical condition in hospital after falling from a window in a block of flats in Plaistow.
The woman was treated at the scene at Bemersyde Point in Dongloa Road, before being rushed to hospital yesterday (Monday, July 8) morning.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called to flats in Dongloa Road at 6.24am to reports a female, believed to be in her early 20s, had fallen through a window.
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
"She was taken to an east London hospital in a serious condition. Her next of kin are aware."
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman told the Newham Recorder this afternoon (Tuesday, July 9) that the woman "remains in a critical condition."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 6.22am yesterday (July 8) to reports of a person injured on Dongola Road, Plaistow.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party
"We sent an incident response officer, an ambulance crew and two medics in cars to the scene.
"We also dispatched London's Air Ambulance response car.
"We treated a person at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre."