Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- Credit: Google
A woman died after a blaze broke out at a home in Stratford.
Firefighters were called to a maisonette in Gillman Drive about 5pm on Thursday (June 10).
One woman was rescued from the third floor by firefighters and taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews.
Another woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
London Fire Brigade says part of the ground floor of the building was damaged by the fire, which was under control by 6.19pm.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and 25 crew members from Stratford, Poplar and East Ham fire stations were at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 5 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 6 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 7 Newham Muslim groups urge Boris Johnson to condemn attack in Canada
- 8 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected