Woman and man rescued after accident on the A13 in Canning Town
- Credit: sub
Two people trapped in a car and a van were freed by firefighters after a crash on the A13 in Canning Town.
The firefighters used cutting equipment to release the woman from the car and a man from his van yesterday afternoon. They were taken to hospital by the London Ambulance service.
The accident, which closed part of the A13 for a time, also involved a lorry and was on the eastbound carriageway.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said: “We were called at 1.30pm to Canning Town roundabout. Staff treated a 24-year-old man for back pain, who was taken as priority to the Royal London Hospital, and a 33-year-old-woman for back and leg pain, who was taken as a priority to Newham Hospital.”
Four fire engines, two each from Plaistow and Poplar fire stations, went to the scene along with fire rescue units from East Ham and Millwall fire stations.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty five firefighters were at the incident after being called at 1.18pm. The rescue was over by 2.26pm.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford