Woman and man rescued after accident on the A13 in Canning Town
- Credit: sub
Two people trapped in a car and a van were freed by firefighters after a crash on the A13 in Canning Town.
The firefighters used cutting equipment to release the woman from the car and a man from his van yesterday afternoon. They were taken to hospital by the London Ambulance service.
The accident, which closed part of the A13 for a time, also involved a lorry and was on the eastbound carriageway.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said: “We were called at 1.30pm to Canning Town roundabout. Staff treated a 24-year-old man for back pain, who was taken as priority to the Royal London Hospital, and a 33-year-old-woman for back and leg pain, who was taken as a priority to Newham Hospital.”
Four fire engines, two each from Plaistow and Poplar fire stations, went to the scene along with fire rescue units from East Ham and Millwall fire stations.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty five firefighters were at the incident after being called at 1.18pm. The rescue was over by 2.26pm.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim