Wireless Festival tickets go on sale for East Londoners
- Credit: Joe Lord
Exclusive tickets went on sale for East Enders this morning to grab a spot next to Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park this summer.
Organisers are holding tickets back especially for residents living in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, and Waltham Forest for the next five days to make it easier for local people to enjoy the live music festival.
Dennis Hone, chief executive of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, said: “Working with Live Nation and the local boroughs, we are delighted to be able to offer tickets reserved exclusively for local residents to this fantastic event.
“This summer, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will host an exciting series of events in addition to the Wireless Festival. “There will be concerts, cultural and sporting events and much more – with lots of opportunities for local people.
“We are on track to deliver a top visitor destination and a great legacy for east London.”
You may also want to watch:
For the first time this year, Wireless Festival will be held in the newly-opened Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford on Friday July 12 and Saturday July 13.
The line-up features megastar rapper Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake’s only European performance this year, DJ Calvin Harris, Brit-award winner Emeli Sande and many more.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
Residents can book their tickets by visiting www.ticketmaster.co.uk, clicking on ‘residents’, and entering their postcode when prompted.
For more information and a full list of postcodes that qualify, visit www.wirelessfestival.co.uk