Winning Christmas card design of girl, five, to be seen by thousands across Newham
- Credit: Archant
The five-year-old winner of a festive art competition will see her design delivered to ten thousand homes across the borough.
Elyona Ramdayal, who attends New City Primary School in Tunmarsh Lane, Plaistow, claimed first spot in the Home for Christmas competition, beating 200 children aged five to 11 in the process.
Her heart-warming picture will be used on Christmas cards and part of a leaflet drop by estate agents Michael Steven, which organised the competition in conjunction with Newham Bookshop.
Sales manager Belinda Stokes said the entries had impressed the judges across the board.
She said: “The children were told to use their imaginations how they wanted and they were so creative.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils from St Edward’s RC Primary School in Green Street also took part.
The other winners were New City pupils Tion Gordon, 11, and Abdia Jahangeer, 10, plus Adrian Yacelga Nandar, eight, and Klaudia Matynkowska, 11, from St Edward’s.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham