Winning Christmas card design of girl, five, to be seen by thousands across Newham
- Credit: Archant
The five-year-old winner of a festive art competition will see her design delivered to ten thousand homes across the borough.
Elyona Ramdayal, who attends New City Primary School in Tunmarsh Lane, Plaistow, claimed first spot in the Home for Christmas competition, beating 200 children aged five to 11 in the process.
Her heart-warming picture will be used on Christmas cards and part of a leaflet drop by estate agents Michael Steven, which organised the competition in conjunction with Newham Bookshop.
Sales manager Belinda Stokes said the entries had impressed the judges across the board.
She said: “The children were told to use their imaginations how they wanted and they were so creative.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils from St Edward’s RC Primary School in Green Street also took part.
The other winners were New City pupils Tion Gordon, 11, and Abdia Jahangeer, 10, plus Adrian Yacelga Nandar, eight, and Klaudia Matynkowska, 11, from St Edward’s.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen