Win tickets to see The Railway Children at Waterloo station
A FABULOUS stage version of children’s classic The Railway Children comes to Waterloo Station, complete with a real steam train, and we are giving away family tickets.
A spectacular adaptation of E. Nesbit’s classic, The Railway Children, steams into London’s Waterloo from York, where it was originally produced at the National Railway Museum and the Recorder has three family tickets to give away.
It is being staged at the former Eurostar terminal, where a 1,000 seat venue has been built around the railway tracks with audience seated either side.
The Railway Children, adapted by Mike Kenny and directed by Damian Cruden, brings with it all the power of hope, the romance of steam trains and the magic of theatrical invention.
Featuring Stirling Single, a gorgeous 66-tonne steam locomotive and the Old Gentleman’s Saloon (from the original Railway Children film), join Bobbie, Peter and Phyllis as they tell their story – of joy, sadness, laughter and love.
You may also want to watch:
Bookings are now being taken until January 2, 2011. Visit www.therailwaychildrenwaterloo.com for details or call the box office on 0871 297 0740
The production supports the Railway Children charity, helping children living on the streets.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
It is supported by Welcome to Yorkshire www.yorkshire.com.
To be in with a chance of winning, send your answer to the question below, along with your name and address, to Railway Children Competition, c/o Maxine Leckerman, Media House, 539 High Road, Ilford IG1 1UD.
Q: Name the three Railway Children.
Deadline for entries is Thursday, October 14.
The winners will be selected at random and notified by AKA. Prize package must be taken by the November 30, 2010. Tickets are non exchangeable, non resalable and no cash alternative is available. Tickets are valid for Monday – Thursday performances. Chosen dates to redeem prize are all subject to availability and some exclusions may apply. All additional expenses will need to be settled by the winner.