Win tickets to Dickens World, including pantomime
DICKENS World is an innovative and exciting indoor visitor attraction themed around the life, books and times of one of Britain’s best-loved authors.
It takes you on a fascinating journey as you step back into Victorian England and are literally immersed in the streets, sounds and smells of the early 19th century.
The Great Expectations dark boat ride takes you on a trip from the depths of London’s sewers to a flight across the roof tops of London.
The Haunted Man house brings you face to face with Ebenezer Scrooge and some of Dickens’ other ghosts. Children can have fun on the quest to discover Fagin’s Den, a soft play area.
There is also a 4D high definition show in Peggotty’s Boathouse, and Dotheboy’s School Room revealing the dreaded disciplines of Victorian education.
The Britannia Theatre hosts an animatronic stage show introducing you to some of Dickens’ characters.
A Winter Wonderland is being developed. Santa will be at home in his log cabin, surrounded by real snow. An ice skating rink is also planned. The main courtyard is transformed with a giant Christmas tree, and the Dickens World Players give daily performances of A Christmas Carol.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 7 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Campaigners dress as animals to deliver letters about farm closure
The extended Christmas offer includes the family pantomime Peter Pan. Shows start on Saturday, December 11 and run on most days (check www.dickensworld.co.uk for dates or call 01634 890421) until Sunday, January 2.
Tickets are �12 per adult, �9 for children and include a hot dog and soft drink before the show. Incentives for groups of 10+ are available.
The Recorder is offering readers the chance to win five family tickets (two adults, two children) to Dickens World (to include admission to the Peter Pan pantomime).