Win tickets to Dickens World, including pantomime
DICKENS World is an innovative and exciting indoor visitor attraction themed around the life, books and times of one of Britain’s best-loved authors.
It takes you on a fascinating journey as you step back into Victorian England and are literally immersed in the streets, sounds and smells of the early 19th century.
The Great Expectations dark boat ride takes you on a trip from the depths of London’s sewers to a flight across the roof tops of London.
The Haunted Man house brings you face to face with Ebenezer Scrooge and some of Dickens’ other ghosts. Children can have fun on the quest to discover Fagin’s Den, a soft play area.
There is also a 4D high definition show in Peggotty’s Boathouse, and Dotheboy’s School Room revealing the dreaded disciplines of Victorian education.
You may also want to watch:
The Britannia Theatre hosts an animatronic stage show introducing you to some of Dickens’ characters.
A Winter Wonderland is being developed. Santa will be at home in his log cabin, surrounded by real snow. An ice skating rink is also planned. The main courtyard is transformed with a giant Christmas tree, and the Dickens World Players give daily performances of A Christmas Carol.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
The extended Christmas offer includes the family pantomime Peter Pan. Shows start on Saturday, December 11 and run on most days (check www.dickensworld.co.uk for dates or call 01634 890421) until Sunday, January 2.
Tickets are �12 per adult, �9 for children and include a hot dog and soft drink before the show. Incentives for groups of 10+ are available.
The Recorder is offering readers the chance to win five family tickets (two adults, two children) to Dickens World (to include admission to the Peter Pan pantomime).