Win free family trip to Adventure Island
Your chance to celebrate Halloween at a theme park
IT’S getting spooky at Adventure Island on Southend seafront from October 29-31 as it celebrates Halloween with a Fright Fantastic – and you could be there as the Recorder has two family tickets (four Big Adventure bands) to give away.
Lights are being turned down low and scary music will play throughout the park, with pumpkins, oozing blood, clouds of smoke billowing over rides and other scary surprises all around.
There will be a chance for children to play for sweets at the Adventure Island Trick or Treat Zone.
Simply knock on the door and either a sweet old lady or a zombie will answer – but it’s free sweets either way.
Adventure Island staff will be dressed in creepy costumes, trying to scare visitors who are encouraged to join in the fun by coming in costume too.
Adventure Island – the UK’s number one free admission fun park – is open daily during October half-term with half-price wrist bands from 6pm.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
Find out more at www.adventureisland.co.uk or call 01702 443400.
For your chance to win one of two family wristbands, send your answer to the question below, with your name, address, telephone number and age to Adventure Island Halloween Competition, c/o Maxine Leckerman, Recorder Newspapers Media House, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 1UD. The closing date is October 21.
Q: In which zone will children be able to play for sweets?