Win family ticket to the late night opening of the ArcelorMittal Orbit and slide
- Credit: LLDC
As the sun begins to set and the lights of the city start to twinkle in the twilight sky, journey 114.5m into the sky to the top of the ArcelorMittal Orbit for an exclusive late night opening on Friday.
For one night only the attraction will be open until 9pm so that visitors can watch the sun sink behind the some of London’s most famous landmarks from the top of the iconic sculpture, including The Shard, the O2 Arena and the BT Tower before braving The Slide, the world’s longest and tallest tunnel slide.
Are you brave enough to travel through 12 twists and turns at speeds of up to 15mph as The Slide takes you through gentle curves, thrilling drops and a tight corkscrew known as ‘the bettfeder’ - bedspring in German?
The Recorder has one family ticket to give away to the ArcelorMittal Orbit’s late night opening.
To be in with a chance of winning, email the answer to the following question to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on Thursday. Include your full name, location and contact telephone number.
You may also want to watch:
What is the German name of the corkscrew?
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 3 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 4 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 8 Newham Muslim groups urge Boris Johnson to condemn attack in Canada
- 9 Leyton Orient sign defender Omar Beckles from Crewe Alexandra
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
· The prize is for one family ticket only (two adults and two children) to be used on Friday, May 19 and will include entry to the ArcelorMittal Orbit and one use of The Slide.
· The winner will be notified they have won by phone or email and will be able to collect their tickets on the day of their visit from the attraction.
· Please notify the attraction in advance of any access requirements you may have. Reasonable endeavours will be used to accommodate access requirements.
· Visitors using The Slide must…
o be at least 1.3m in height and at least eight years old
o weigh under 139.7kg (22 stone)
o seek medical advice if they have any pre-existing medical conditions
· If you have a heart condition, back or neck injuries, claustrophobia, vertigo, if you are pregnant or if you have any condition that prevents you from following all of the safety rules and guidelines, you may not ride The Slide.