Win family ticket to Colchester Zoo
COLCHESTER Zoo is one of the finest Zoos in Europe with more than 260 species in 60 acres.
You can see Playa Patagonia with its 24-metre tunnel under the water to view sea lions swimming above your head, Dragons of Komodo and Orangutan Forest, plus the new Leopards at Ussuri Falls enclosure.
Best of all there’s a program of up to 50 daily displays, including the chance to feed the elephants and giraffes.
The Recorder has three family tickets to give away for a great day out at the zoo.
And Colchester Zoo is offering readers the chance to get 25 per cent off winter admission rates for groups of six people until February 18 by showing this page at the ticket office and quoting code 14*.
You may also want to watch:
For 2011 there are plenty of new species and areas to explore and discover.
Visit the two sun bears, Srey Ya and Jo-Jo, who arrived in September. They have settled in well and are a delight to watch as they climb and play in their enclosure. Meet the pileated gibbons, La� and Mali, who also arrived in September, and are a new species for the zoo. Housed in a comfortable, temporary enclosure, while the new Wilds of Asia development is completed, the pair can be seen climbing and swinging around their enclosure, and, if you are lucky, you may hear their loud call.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Also arrived are several new bird species, including a pair of rhinoceros hornbills. An impressive sight, these birds will also be housed in the Wilds of Asia development, which is being constructed to extend the existing Wilds of Asia exhibit, behind Chimp World.
This area will provide homes for the pileated gibbons, rhinoceros hornbills and the red pandas.
The exhibit will create stunning viewing opportunities for these species, with an immersive feel for the visitor, and is surrounded by beautiful themed gardens.
With three, large, new and natural enclosures, visitors will be able to explore and relax with seating and viewing areas provided to catch the best glimpses of these wonderful animals.
With favourable weather conditions it is hoped the exhibit will be completed soon, so make sure you are one of the first to see this exciting new development.
*Terms and Conditions of 25% Offer
1. Valid for a group of up to 6 people to visit at a 25% discount off winter admission rates.
2. Not valid in conjunction with the Colchester Zoo Gold or Platinum Passes, Tesco Deals Vouchers, online E Saver tickets or any other offer or voucher.
3. Valid to 18.2.11
4. Code 14