Win family ticket to Colchester Zoo
COLCHESTER Zoo is one of the finest Zoos in Europe with more than 260 species in 60 acres.
You can see Playa Patagonia with its 24-metre tunnel under the water to view sea lions swimming above your head, Dragons of Komodo and Orangutan Forest, plus the new Leopards at Ussuri Falls enclosure.
Best of all there’s a program of up to 50 daily displays, including the chance to feed the elephants and giraffes.
The Recorder has three family tickets to give away for a great day out at the zoo.
And Colchester Zoo is offering readers the chance to get 25 per cent off winter admission rates for groups of six people until February 18 by showing this page at the ticket office and quoting code 14*.
For 2011 there are plenty of new species and areas to explore and discover.
Visit the two sun bears, Srey Ya and Jo-Jo, who arrived in September. They have settled in well and are a delight to watch as they climb and play in their enclosure. Meet the pileated gibbons, La� and Mali, who also arrived in September, and are a new species for the zoo. Housed in a comfortable, temporary enclosure, while the new Wilds of Asia development is completed, the pair can be seen climbing and swinging around their enclosure, and, if you are lucky, you may hear their loud call.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 9 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 10 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
Also arrived are several new bird species, including a pair of rhinoceros hornbills. An impressive sight, these birds will also be housed in the Wilds of Asia development, which is being constructed to extend the existing Wilds of Asia exhibit, behind Chimp World.
This area will provide homes for the pileated gibbons, rhinoceros hornbills and the red pandas.
The exhibit will create stunning viewing opportunities for these species, with an immersive feel for the visitor, and is surrounded by beautiful themed gardens.
With three, large, new and natural enclosures, visitors will be able to explore and relax with seating and viewing areas provided to catch the best glimpses of these wonderful animals.
With favourable weather conditions it is hoped the exhibit will be completed soon, so make sure you are one of the first to see this exciting new development.
*Terms and Conditions of 25% Offer
1. Valid for a group of up to 6 people to visit at a 25% discount off winter admission rates.
2. Not valid in conjunction with the Colchester Zoo Gold or Platinum Passes, Tesco Deals Vouchers, online E Saver tickets or any other offer or voucher.
3. Valid to 18.2.11
4. Code 14