Widow runs 10K for Beckton hospice in memory of husband
- Credit: Archant
A widow has smashed her fundraising for a children’s hospice before she has started her charity run in memory of her late husband.
Taslima Jomeen is one of eight runners from Prestons Chartered Accountants taking part in the London Bupa 10K Run in aid of Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton after she lost her partner Azad to cancer aged 45.
Taslima said: “Our two young boys provided us with great support during Azad’s illness. Azad would be delighted that we are supporting Richard House. Our target is £5000 and we have received a great response so far.”
In fact, Taslima has raised £6,300 with support from her local community where she lives in Seven Kings, Ilford, The Ilford Muslim Society, Patel Muslim Association Manor Park, Madrassa Talimul Islam, and Markaz Dawat ul Irshad.
The other Prestons runners are Sonia Bhamra, Ben Harbour, Usman Zahoor, Habibullah Chand, Tahir Patel and Alkesh Mehta.
You may also want to watch:
Donations can be made at the following link: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/fabfitprestons-part2
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more