Widow runs 10K for Beckton hospice in memory of husband
- Credit: Archant
A widow has smashed her fundraising for a children’s hospice before she has started her charity run in memory of her late husband.
Taslima Jomeen is one of eight runners from Prestons Chartered Accountants taking part in the London Bupa 10K Run in aid of Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton after she lost her partner Azad to cancer aged 45.
Taslima said: “Our two young boys provided us with great support during Azad’s illness. Azad would be delighted that we are supporting Richard House. Our target is £5000 and we have received a great response so far.”
In fact, Taslima has raised £6,300 with support from her local community where she lives in Seven Kings, Ilford, The Ilford Muslim Society, Patel Muslim Association Manor Park, Madrassa Talimul Islam, and Markaz Dawat ul Irshad.
The other Prestons runners are Sonia Bhamra, Ben Harbour, Usman Zahoor, Habibullah Chand, Tahir Patel and Alkesh Mehta.
You may also want to watch:
Donations can be made at the following link: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/fabfitprestons-part2
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services