Why you love Newham this week
- Credit: Archant
Reporter Jacob Ranson took to the streets this week to ask the community what they love about Newham. Here’s what they said...
Nancy Kelly, 42, Haldane Road, East Ham: “I have lived here for 12 years, I love here because of the family friendly mixed culture, I love the park, the leisure centre and of course the transport facilities. Also, Newham is a normal community compared to other parts in London.”
Keith Holmes, 51, Masterman Road, East Ham: “I like the park, I think it’s really good when they have the music shows on there. I like Alex’s steak House on Barking Road, but I think it’s now called Steak and Kebab House, plus it’s good for me for work. I work in Stratford so it;s good for connection’s to get anywhere.”
Monika Guin, 65, Skipsey Avenue, East Ham: “I was born here. I like the shopping here, and I like how close by the park is and there is always plenty to do in there, plus all the shows they put on are great. The shows also bring the community together.”
Phil Salangsang, 53, Works as a Road Sweeper in East Ham: “I like the park and the shops are always open, which is great for everyone if you ever need anything, I mean there is everything in this area. We have got a church, a leisure centre, a library and lots of shops.”
You may also want to watch:
Aureen Deesawala, 64, Market Street, East Ham: “I like how good the bus service is. The shops have changed so much is my only negative, but there are a lot of people moving to the area, which is good. The Park is also great and they always have really good entertainment.”
Saquaib Muhammad, 32, Gresham Road, East Ham: “I like the area because got the park right by my house and there is a good mixture of food. Also, the shops are open until late now, so it’s really good for the people to buy whatever they need.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?