Why you love Newham this week
- Credit: Archant
Reporter Jacob Ranson took to the streets this week to ask the community what they love about Newham. Here’s what they said...
Stefanie Bucher, 36, High Street South, East Ham: “The children centres are great as they provide excellent services. Also, love Central Park always putting on great events, so I am looking forward to listening to some Jazz in the Park in the summer.”
Monica Prentice, 73, Mitcham Road, East Ham: “ Newham has always been a borough that I love because I have lived here now for 55 years and grew up here. We have got a good park, which puts on some great events and it is brilliant how they keep it so clean, so the council are doing a very good job.”
Brian Desborough, 70, Eastbourne Road, East Ham: “It is a lovely place to live and great because I only live just down the road about half a mile from the shops. We have a nice park here, when the weather is nice anyway, plus always different things going on there like the town show.”
Abu Toki, 18, High Street North, East Ham: “I think there is a lot being putting into the area, compared to a few years ago, which is really promising. For me personally, it is great that they are putting so much into the education system, as I can feel the changes occurring in my studies. Central Park is great as it is always hosting different events which reach out to the wider community and different age groups.”
You may also want to watch:
Chimezie Opara, 30, Mortimer Road, East Ham: “It is a cool place as well as a friendly environment which makes it a great place to live. My favourite places in the area have to be East Ham high road and Central Park because they are such nice places to go. Another plus is the transport and facilities we have in this borough.”
Tanvir Ahmed, 19, Rancliffe Road, East Ham: “It is a really pleasant and friendly area, that has nice sites to look at, which makes it a great place to live. I love going to Central Park and West Ham’s stadium to watch the football whenever I can. Also I like the good mixture of places to eat.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?