Why Orient striker Mooney is desperate for a win at Preston
He wants to help keep the season alive
Orient striker David Mooney is desperate for a win at Preston on Saturday to keep the club’s season alive.
The forward is keen that the O’s don’t get marooned in mid-table, as Russell Slade’s side are currently nine points short of the play-off places, but eight clear of the drop zone.
“When you look at the table there is a gap between us and the teams below us and a gap between us and the teams in the top seven or eight and we don’t want that gap to increase,” said Mooney
“We don’t want that to happen or for the gap to get any bigger so we have got to push on at Preston and hopefully we can get a win.
“It’s going to be a tough game as well, as they have just got a new manager and won last Saturday, but we will go up there hoping to get a win.”
Mooney has forced his way back into the starting 11 in recent games and grabbed his seventh goal of the season last weekend and would like to hit double figures as soon as possible.
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
“Since I have come back in I felt that a goal was round the corner,” he said.
“And if I keep playing well and chip in with a few goals we will all reap the rewards.
“I would like to score as many as possible, but if I can get to 10 in the next few weeks I’ll be happy.
“Then you can kick on once you are in double figures and hopefully push on, but 10 is the next target.
“But we are all working for the same goal and want to push up the table.”