Whippam sparkles on show
PEACOCK BC’S bright prospect Alex Whippam made it five straight wins in club colours with a sparkling peformance on the club dinner show at the Epping Forest Country club last week, when he outscored Enterprise BC rival Adam Stewart.
Whippam scored his first senior success with well-placed punches, subduing a willing rival, and was good value for the points verdict at the end of the contest.
Later, the 17-year-old was presented with the award as the best home club boxer of the evening.
The show also provided good wins for the club’s super-heavyweight prospects Liam Simon and Adam Beasley as they each conceded around 40kg in weight to giant rivals from the Bodyshots BC.
Simon and Charlie Mann, a 147kg giant from the south London club, swapped powerful punches in their clash and despite his large weight disadvantage, it was the Peacock boxer who clinched the victory.
You may also want to watch:
Ivan Eipo (Bodyshots) tested Beasley, but the Canning Town club boxer absorbed some of his best blows to come back with his own powerful attacks and took the decision.
Peacock’s Faraz Khan was outpointed by Colchester rival Dave O’Connell, and Al Dhar dropped a decision against Pedro’s Ivan Chervenkev.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k