Whippam sparkles on show
PEACOCK BC’S bright prospect Alex Whippam made it five straight wins in club colours with a sparkling peformance on the club dinner show at the Epping Forest Country club last week, when he outscored Enterprise BC rival Adam Stewart.
Whippam scored his first senior success with well-placed punches, subduing a willing rival, and was good value for the points verdict at the end of the contest.
Later, the 17-year-old was presented with the award as the best home club boxer of the evening.
The show also provided good wins for the club’s super-heavyweight prospects Liam Simon and Adam Beasley as they each conceded around 40kg in weight to giant rivals from the Bodyshots BC.
Simon and Charlie Mann, a 147kg giant from the south London club, swapped powerful punches in their clash and despite his large weight disadvantage, it was the Peacock boxer who clinched the victory.
You may also want to watch:
Ivan Eipo (Bodyshots) tested Beasley, but the Canning Town club boxer absorbed some of his best blows to come back with his own powerful attacks and took the decision.
Peacock’s Faraz Khan was outpointed by Colchester rival Dave O’Connell, and Al Dhar dropped a decision against Pedro’s Ivan Chervenkev.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result