Whing out as Orient prepare for Daggers derby
But skipper Dawson and Mpoku look set for a return
ORIENT loan signing Andrew Whing will not be able to play in Saturday’s FA Cup clash at Dagenham & Redbridge.
Whing made his debut at Colchester United on Tuesday night, but Brighton do not want their defender cup-tied.
However, Slade is hoping that on-loan striker Paul-Jose Mpoku will be given permission by Spurs to play and should have recovered from a hamstring injury in time.
“He has got a chance,” said the O’s boss.
You may also want to watch:
Slade’s attacking options could be boosted further, as Scott McGleish is recovering faster than expected from a rib injury.
“He’s a lot better than we first thought and he’s got a chance too,” said Slade.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Skipper Stephen Dawson should also be fit. He missed Tuesday’s 3-2 defeat at Colchester with an ankle injury, but Slade confirmed: “He should be raring to go on Saturday.”
Slade will have a decision to make as to who will play in goal. Lee Butcher has done well since coming into the team, but Jamie Jones has been on the bench for the last two games.
While Dean Cox and Alex Revell should both shake off injuries and be fit for the derby duel.