Whing out as Orient prepare for Daggers derby
But skipper Dawson and Mpoku look set for a return
ORIENT loan signing Andrew Whing will not be able to play in Saturday’s FA Cup clash at Dagenham & Redbridge.
Whing made his debut at Colchester United on Tuesday night, but Brighton do not want their defender cup-tied.
However, Slade is hoping that on-loan striker Paul-Jose Mpoku will be given permission by Spurs to play and should have recovered from a hamstring injury in time.
“He has got a chance,” said the O’s boss.
You may also want to watch:
Slade’s attacking options could be boosted further, as Scott McGleish is recovering faster than expected from a rib injury.
“He’s a lot better than we first thought and he’s got a chance too,” said Slade.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
Skipper Stephen Dawson should also be fit. He missed Tuesday’s 3-2 defeat at Colchester with an ankle injury, but Slade confirmed: “He should be raring to go on Saturday.”
Slade will have a decision to make as to who will play in goal. Lee Butcher has done well since coming into the team, but Jamie Jones has been on the bench for the last two games.
While Dean Cox and Alex Revell should both shake off injuries and be fit for the derby duel.