Whing out as Orient prepare for Daggers derby
But skipper Dawson and Mpoku look set for a return
ORIENT loan signing Andrew Whing will not be able to play in Saturday’s FA Cup clash at Dagenham & Redbridge.
Whing made his debut at Colchester United on Tuesday night, but Brighton do not want their defender cup-tied.
However, Slade is hoping that on-loan striker Paul-Jose Mpoku will be given permission by Spurs to play and should have recovered from a hamstring injury in time.
“He has got a chance,” said the O’s boss.
Slade’s attacking options could be boosted further, as Scott McGleish is recovering faster than expected from a rib injury.
“He’s a lot better than we first thought and he’s got a chance too,” said Slade.
- 1 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Play gives young people insight on violence against women
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient
Skipper Stephen Dawson should also be fit. He missed Tuesday’s 3-2 defeat at Colchester with an ankle injury, but Slade confirmed: “He should be raring to go on Saturday.”
Slade will have a decision to make as to who will play in goal. Lee Butcher has done well since coming into the team, but Jamie Jones has been on the bench for the last two games.
While Dean Cox and Alex Revell should both shake off injuries and be fit for the derby duel.