5 of the finest brunch spots in east London
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One of the best meals of the week, a leisurely brunch can’t be beat – however you like your eggs. Here are the best cafes and restaurants in east London serving up fresh coffee, full English breakfasts, granola and all the brunch options in between.
Now open 7 days a week 8.30am - 4pm with social distancing in place. Specialises in healthy meals. Vegetarian friendly, vegan options and gluten free options are available.
The Tea Cosy
Open Monday to Saturday, 7.30am - 4pm. It offers an extensive menu of healthy meals, including a large selection for vegetarians, vegans and children, as well as a ‘slimming world’ menu. There are plenty of brunch options, whether you’re felling just a little peckish or are feeling famished.
You may also want to watch:
Open Monday to Friday, 9.30am- 3.30pm and Sundays 10am-4pm. Beigels, artisan coffee, home-made granola and dishes such as Turkish eggs or sweetcorn fritters.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
Gardener’s Cottage Café
Open daily 10:30am – 6:30pm (weather permitting). Outside terrace which seats approximately 80 people. Serves a range of lunch dishes, including paninis, jackets, sandwiches and soups, alongside fairtrade coffees, teas and cold drinks.
Open daily 8am – 6pm. A Spanish, Italian and Turkish flavoured cafe serving grilled foods, kebabs, burgers and pastas. Also serves omelettes, sandwiches, paninis and other lunch items.