Westfield Stratford offers shoppers mouth watering delights
Shoppers at Westfield Stratford City will be enjoying the delights of unusual and unique foods as the centre launches months of exploratory eating experiences.
The series of discovery food markets was launched on Friday with the theme of fire and ferment at the Great Eastern Market. It s in partnership with QED London (Quality Eating and Drinking) and will run from May to November 2012 to explore the unusual and the unique in the world of fresh food.
The discovery food markets will take place every month with an evolving food theme and will be based on Westfield Stratford City’s International Square which is located next to The Great Eastern Market .
The market is a collection of delicatessens, bakeries and chocolatiers based in a precinct inside the centre that pays homage to the original Great Eastern Market that operated in the area more than 100 years ago.
The first in the series of discovery food markets was on the theme of Fire and Ferment and demonstrated how flames and fermentation can transform raw produce into extraordinary feasts. A handful of specialist food producers offered eat-on-the-spot tastings.
You may also want to watch:
From June 8-10 there will be a theme of Totally Baked All featuring all manner of baked goods: sweet and savoury; dough based or pastry.
From September 21-23 the focus will be Veggie Might, a harvest festival, but also representation of all things
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
vegetarian and vegan.
October 19-21 will be Charcuterie & Co (II) A carnival for carnivores, incorporating a celebration of the
inaugural QED British Charcuterie Awards while November 16-18 will focus on Hooked on Fish Everything from fish soups, fish p�t�s & smoked fish, to fresh fish stalls.