Westfield Stratford murder: Nine in court accused of violent disorder
Nine in court accused of violent disorder at Westfield Stratford Shopping City
Nine people have been charged in connection with the incident which led to the murder of Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City complex on Friday,
Three men originally arrested in connection with the investigation, along with a further six arrested over the course of Saturday, and yesterday have all been charged with violent disorder committed on Friday.
Two will be appearing in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today. They are Michael Alvaranga, 23 of Leytonstone and Javin Righbie, 22, of Stratford
The other seven will be appearing in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court, today.
You may also want to watch:
They are Michael Ndefo, 21 of Plaistow; Jason Vaughan, 24, of Stratford; Tony Caton, 21 of Stratford; Jerome McLeish, 20 of Custom House; Danny Caton, 23, of Stratford; Rhys Regisford, 20 , of Plaistow and Emmanuel Oloyede, 19. of Plaistow.
Enquiries regarding the murder are continuing and detectives are still appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 3 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 7 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 10 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345
3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 23-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation was later cautioned for affray and released with no further action. A 20-year-old man also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in July pending further enquiries.