Westfield Stratford murder: Nine in court accused of violent disorder
Nine in court accused of violent disorder at Westfield Stratford Shopping City
Nine people have been charged in connection with the incident which led to the murder of Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City complex on Friday,
Three men originally arrested in connection with the investigation, along with a further six arrested over the course of Saturday, and yesterday have all been charged with violent disorder committed on Friday.
Two will be appearing in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today. They are Michael Alvaranga, 23 of Leytonstone and Javin Righbie, 22, of Stratford
The other seven will be appearing in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court, today.
They are Michael Ndefo, 21 of Plaistow; Jason Vaughan, 24, of Stratford; Tony Caton, 21 of Stratford; Jerome McLeish, 20 of Custom House; Danny Caton, 23, of Stratford; Rhys Regisford, 20 , of Plaistow and Emmanuel Oloyede, 19. of Plaistow.
Enquiries regarding the murder are continuing and detectives are still appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
- 1 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 2 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 3 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 6 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 9 Newham pupils 'celebrate community' by designing large playground mural
- 10 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345
3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 23-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation was later cautioned for affray and released with no further action. A 20-year-old man also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in July pending further enquiries.