Westfield Stratford City to host charity row
Shoppers at Westfield will have the chance to help a group of friends raise money for a cancer charity on Saturday.
Natalie Miles and three of her friends will be taking part in a 12-hour row from 9am until 9pm to help Breast Cancer Care.
They will be based in Chestnut Plaza at Westfield Stratford City.
The event will give Natalie, 31, from Ealing, and her friends a taste of what is to come when they begin a six-month charity row across the Pacific next year. It will begin in Long Beach, California and take them to Hawaii, Samoa and Cairns in Australia.
They are appealing for corporate sponsors to help them raise at least £50,000 for the charity. The women will first need £100,000 to get them to California from where they will launch their fundraising trip in April 2014.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about their trip go to www.coxlessrowers.com
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k