Westfield Stratford City to host charity row
Shoppers at Westfield will have the chance to help a group of friends raise money for a cancer charity on Saturday.
Natalie Miles and three of her friends will be taking part in a 12-hour row from 9am until 9pm to help Breast Cancer Care.
They will be based in Chestnut Plaza at Westfield Stratford City.
The event will give Natalie, 31, from Ealing, and her friends a taste of what is to come when they begin a six-month charity row across the Pacific next year. It will begin in Long Beach, California and take them to Hawaii, Samoa and Cairns in Australia.
They are appealing for corporate sponsors to help them raise at least £50,000 for the charity. The women will first need £100,000 to get them to California from where they will launch their fundraising trip in April 2014.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about their trip go to www.coxlessrowers.com
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park