Westfield Stratford City reopens after evacuation
- Credit: Archant
Westfield Stratford City was evacuated this afternoon after a suspicious package was found.
The east London shopping centre was evacuated at around 1.45pm, forcing thousands of shoppers out into the car park.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they were called to a suspicious package and attended to the incident.
Transport was also affected by the evacuation, with train operator c2c tweeting that travellers were unable to use the Westfield exit of Stratford station.
The shopping centre was reopened at 3.20pm, with Westfield Avenue opening to traffic a short while afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
- 3 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found
- 4 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 5 Men remain in hospital after triple shooting
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
- 8 Search continues to find £1m lottery ticket winner
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Who was jailed in east London in September?