Westfield Stratford City reopens after evacuation
- Credit: Archant
Westfield Stratford City was evacuated this afternoon after a suspicious package was found.
The east London shopping centre was evacuated at around 1.45pm, forcing thousands of shoppers out into the car park.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they were called to a suspicious package and attended to the incident.
Transport was also affected by the evacuation, with train operator c2c tweeting that travellers were unable to use the Westfield exit of Stratford station.
The shopping centre was reopened at 3.20pm, with Westfield Avenue opening to traffic a short while afterwards.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack