Westfield Stratford City nominated for top shopping destination award
- Credit: Archant
A Newham shopping centre has been once again shortlisted as retail destination of the year.
Westfield Stratford City will compete against four other finalists in the category at the Oracle Retail Week awards.
The centre has been selected for a number of innovative and successful reasons, including its personalised mobile app and marketing campaigns.
The venue’s engagement with those working in stores was also praised, citing the retail awards, regular meetings and social events among other aspects.
Large scale events such as the Christmas lights switch on and the first birthday celebrations, which helped to boost the centre’s profile and income, also added to the reasons for the nomination.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will not be announced until March, but Westfield Stratford City will have to beat off competition from all around the country, including last year’s winner, in order to regain the crown it won in 2012.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections