Westfield Stratford City evacuated after alarm set off accidentally
- Credit: Archant
Westfield Stratford City was evacuated this morning after contractors accidentally set off a fire alarm.
Customers and businesses alike took to Twitter to say that the shopping centre had been shut and that those inside had been ordered to leave.
A Westfield spokeswoman said: "Westfield Stratford City had a partial evacuation today which was caused by contractors working in the centre accidentally setting off a fire alarm.
"The incident was fully investigated and was a false alarm.
"The centre was fully trading within 30 minutes."
You may also want to watch:
The Met Police confirmed that the alarm had been reported at 10.40am, while a London Fire Brigade spokesman said that firefighters had not been sent to the scene.
- 1 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash