Westfield Stratford City car parks to reopen for first birthday
All of Westfield Stratford City’s car parks will be reopened to coincide with the shopping mall’s first birthday.
Shoppers have been unable to park at the centre since before the Games started for security reasons.
In an email sent to shoppers, Westfield announced all car parks would be open by September 22, and all bus services to Westfield Stratford City bus station would be operational from September 15.
The email continued: “Until we re-open on September 22, access to the shopping, dining and leisure options at Westfield Stratford City will still be open, and remain incredibly easy to enjoy by arriving at the centre by public transport.
“The Central line, Jubilee line, DLR and High Speed, run excellent services directly into Stratford and are further supported by the existing bus network, London Overground, National Rail, as well as taxis.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank you for your patience and support during the closure of the car parks over the Games period and we look forward to seeing you soon.”
Once car parks reopen all visitors will get two hours free parking with a capped rate of �5 for the day from Monday to Sunday.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result