Westfield Stratford City car parks to reopen for first birthday
All of Westfield Stratford City’s car parks will be reopened to coincide with the shopping mall’s first birthday.
Shoppers have been unable to park at the centre since before the Games started for security reasons.
In an email sent to shoppers, Westfield announced all car parks would be open by September 22, and all bus services to Westfield Stratford City bus station would be operational from September 15.
The email continued: “Until we re-open on September 22, access to the shopping, dining and leisure options at Westfield Stratford City will still be open, and remain incredibly easy to enjoy by arriving at the centre by public transport.
“The Central line, Jubilee line, DLR and High Speed, run excellent services directly into Stratford and are further supported by the existing bus network, London Overground, National Rail, as well as taxis.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank you for your patience and support during the closure of the car parks over the Games period and we look forward to seeing you soon.”
Once car parks reopen all visitors will get two hours free parking with a capped rate of �5 for the day from Monday to Sunday.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k