Westfield set to mark first birthday with a party
Westfield will be clebrating its first birthday with a circus complete with dancers, jugglers, magicians and cakes today and at the weekend.
Complimentary cakes will be given out to the first thousand guests so everyone can get involved in decorating their own cakes or just enjoy a sugary treat from the popcorn and candy floss machine.
Or you can leave Westfield Stratford City your own message in a giant birthday card and you could be in with a chance of winning your own special birthday party at the shopping centre.
Shoppers will also get a taste of other events coming to the centre this autumn /winter including film premieres, celebrity shoppers and music performances.
Kiss FM will be broadcasting from The Gallery from 2pm to 5pm on Saturday when all of Westfield’s car parks will reopen after their closure during the Olympic and Paralymic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Since the 1.9 million sq ft shopping mecca opened its doors to the public on September 13 last year, Westfield attracted a staggering 47million shoppers and notched up �500million in sales in its first six months.
It also attracted 8.5 million visits during the Olympics and Paralympics. Ticket holders, shoppers and athletes took advantage of the 30 per cent increase in trading hours, giving Westfield and its retailers unprecedented exposure to a global audience.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total