Westfield set to mark first birthday with a party
Westfield will be clebrating its first birthday with a circus complete with dancers, jugglers, magicians and cakes today and at the weekend.
Complimentary cakes will be given out to the first thousand guests so everyone can get involved in decorating their own cakes or just enjoy a sugary treat from the popcorn and candy floss machine.
Or you can leave Westfield Stratford City your own message in a giant birthday card and you could be in with a chance of winning your own special birthday party at the shopping centre.
Shoppers will also get a taste of other events coming to the centre this autumn /winter including film premieres, celebrity shoppers and music performances.
Kiss FM will be broadcasting from The Gallery from 2pm to 5pm on Saturday when all of Westfield’s car parks will reopen after their closure during the Olympic and Paralymic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Since the 1.9 million sq ft shopping mecca opened its doors to the public on September 13 last year, Westfield attracted a staggering 47million shoppers and notched up �500million in sales in its first six months.
It also attracted 8.5 million visits during the Olympics and Paralympics. Ticket holders, shoppers and athletes took advantage of the 30 per cent increase in trading hours, giving Westfield and its retailers unprecedented exposure to a global audience.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham