Three flee blaze at 20-storey Royal Docks tower block
- Credit: LFB
A fire broke out at a 20-storey tower block in the early hours of this morning forcing three women to flee a flat.
Eight fire engines and about 60 firefighters were called to the blaze at a block of flats in Western Gateway, Royal Docks today (Saturday, February 13).
Half a balcony and part of a flat on the second floor were damaged. The flames also scorched half a third story balcony.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said there were no reports of any injuries.
The fire was reported at 4.38am and under control by 6.54am.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Plaistow, Millwall, Stratford, Shadwell and surrounding fire stations were at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 9 'We love away days' says West Ham star Declan Rice
- 10 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'