West Ham star unhurt after car crash
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho crashed his new Lamborghini into the wall of a £1million house last night.
The 27-year-old collided his top-range sports car estimated at £200,000 into another car before spinning-off and hitting the wall of a luxury home a junction in Emerson Park.
Both drivers were unhurt but the house’s brick wall was demolished.
Mr Sakho posted a picture of himself that night on social media and said: “Sorry for the scare guys, I’m ok, thank God #life”.
He later tweeted: “Thank you for the messages. Was involved in a small car accident this evening. Thankfully no one was hurt.”
You may also want to watch:
The Senegalese has been unable to play for the Hammers since November because of a thigh injury but is expected to return next month.
Last week, Mr Sakho, who signed in August 2014 from French club FC Metz, had posted a picture of his new sports car.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
A Met Police spokesman said: “There was a collision of two cars in Ernest Road at with the junction of Nelmes Road at about 10.25pm.
“This was a damage only collision, police attendance was not required. There were no injuries and no arrests.”
West Ham spokesman said: “This is a private matter and it is his own insurance and vehicle.”
He added the club will not make any further comment.