West Ham show their support for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
The Hammers highlighted their support for children’s hospice Richard House as they took on Premier League champions Manchester United at the weekend.
Forty-six volunteers helped out the charity by collecting outside the ground before and after the match, raising £1,168. Many of the volunteers came from the Department for Work and Pensions, Holiday Inn Stratford and the Police Cadets.
The players warmed up wearing Richard House t-shirts while the match-day programme included a special mention of the Beckton hospice.
The club has supported Richard House, based in Beckton, for a number of years and Mark Noble and Camden-born Joe Cole are among the hospice’s patrons.
Mark Noble, West Ham United midfielder and Richard House patron, said: “For Richard House to continue to do the wonderful work it does, to bring a little something to help those whose lives are affected by life-limiting health conditions enjoy life, it needs the support of all of us. As a club and for me as a patron, we are more than happy to do what we can.”
You may also want to watch:
Joe Cole, West Ham United midfielder and Richard House patron, said: “Every penny or pound Richard House can collect goes to helping them provide a valuable service to so many. I am very proud to be a patron of the hospice and hope that it continues to get all the support it needs to carry on the good work.”
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager at the hospice, said: “We have a long and proud relationship with West Ham and our collections outside the ground raised significant amount that helps ensure our services are provided free to the families we support.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season